First, I want to say thank you to theclippedbutterfly for this nomination. I have to admit that I had not heard of the award until you nominated me for it. What a pleasant surprise this has been! It is an honor to be nominated. I recommend that anyone reading this check out theclippedbutterfly blog. One of my favorite posts is titled, “My favourite story book.” Check it out.
Now, here are 11 random facts about moi.
- I took French in college.
- My favorite author is Julie Klassen.
- One of my favorite shows is Once Upon a Time
- I’m a HUGE Disney fan.
- I’ve been to Disney World more than 10 times.
- One of my favorite childhood Disney princesses was Ariel.
- My favorite book genre is Historical Fiction.
- Aside from Ruth, another favorite book of the Bible of mine is Genesis.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite sport is tennis.
- One of my favorite plays is Into the Woods.
The 11 questions I must answer:
- Why blogging??? The inspiration and the sustaining factor that keeps you blogging.
For the first question, see my About Me page; it has a detailed answer to the question. What keeps me blogging is desire. In the beginning, it was in my heart to do the Ruth Series. With that now coming to its conclusion, I feel that God has laid it in my heart to continue doing in-depth studies on certain books in the Bible. In addition, God has laid it in my heart to do something else with this blog, which you will have to keep checking in to find out what that is.
2. Morning lark or night owl?
I’m a morning person (lark) all the way.
3. Are you happy with your career? Yes or no, provide reason.
Hmm. This is actually one of the areas that I’m waiting for God to open the door for. I’m not thrilled about my current career status, but it is a work in progress. In the meantime, I’ve been working on this blog, and polishing my novel.
4. Which would you choose? Talking about yourself or hearing other people talk about themselves?
I’ve always preferred (and still do prefer) listening when others talk about themselves.
5. What do you think you are really good at?
Definitely writing. I love to write fiction. Also listening when others tell me things.
6. Theism or atheism? Whichever it is, do you have doubts in your belief?
I grew up in church and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at a young age (five). My relationship with God did not begin to become real close until my early teen years. That is a long-winded way of saying that I have never had any doubts about my belief in God, who created the universe.
7. Share an all time favorite motivation (one-liners, stories, verses…anything).
My favorite verses that helped me through college and continue to help me today are Ecclesiastes 3:1 and Philippians 4:13.
8. What is your biggest regret, so far?
Hmm. If I had to pick one. I guess it would be in terms of college. I could have networked more, or done a second internship; maybe that would’ve helped me in the job search today.
9. If you could go back and change one decision in your life, what would it be? And why?
Aside from changing what I referenced in my answer to question 8, I don’t really have a decision that I want to change. If I have to pick another one I would say I would have liked to have started this blog last year. Because, I do believe that God placed it in my heart to do this blog last year, but it took several months later and 2016 had begun before I finally did it.
10. Question of choice. Dealing with people or dealing with Technology?
Since I must pick one… dealing with technology.
11. What is your favorite time of the day? And year? Why?
My favorite time of day would be the evening because that is when I usually relax and watch a movie, a TV show, or read. I would say springtime because it is just the right kind of weather to me: pleasant—although, it used to be summer, when I was in school.
My Five nominations are:
11 questions I’d like to know from you nominees.
- What’s your favorite book in the Bible?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?
- What is your favorite quote? It can be from a show, a movie, a book, or a person.
- What are you currently reading for leisure?
- Who’s your favorite person from the Bible?
- Who inspires you?
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you could describe your blog in two sentences, what would those two sentences be?
- If you could visit any city in the world, where would you go?
Finally to those I nominated, here are the official rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for blogger to answer
- List these rules in your post Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award.
NOTE: I found the information on these links to be helpful if you want to check the variations of rules.